Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Love

I've wanted to be a wife and mother for as long as I can remember. That dream got tainted during my teenage years by the definition of love I saw in movies , R&B videos and romantic novels. I got sucked into the illusion that you had to look a certain way and be a certain kind of woman to receive that kind of all consuming love , for the rest of us we had to make do with much less.

I think back on all the years that I could have prepared for this moment and I didn't because I could not believe that an amazing Godly man could want to be with someone like me. I didn't trust that the God who has given me everything I've ever needed up till this point would also see to this desire that he created in my heart. I am trying not to get too ahead of myself but I thank God for this moment and for his grace and mercy.


No comments:

Post a Comment